Sunday, September 23, 2012

Members Profile - Peggy

As a child I made doll clothes for my dolls and my mother taught me to sew and to do embroidery, knitting and crochet. In my teens I made historical costumes for my dolls and enjoyed doing the research. When I began collage I was a fine arts major for two years and then got practical and went for the Teaching Education. I took painting classes along the way and enjoyed them. I began to quilt when my children were small and a few friends and I got together for quilting and cake in the 1970's and I have been quilting ever since. I have won ribbons at the Umpqua Valley Quilters' Guild for both traditional and original quilts and wall hangings.
In the past few years I have enjoyed the fun and expressive side of art and non-traditional quilting and quilting arts. It has opened another world to me to combine my two loves and to learn new techniques and products and paint. It has also brought me around to where I began, painting. Associations: San Diego Stitchery Guild, Umpqua Valley Quilters' Guild, Basin of the Umpqua Quilt Guild, Wilbur Quilt Club, Fyber Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment