Saturday, February 18, 2012

Member Profile - Kay








This is the start of our members profiles, I will add one or two a month, after our meetings, so you can get to know the creative artists in our group. Today's featured artist is Kay. "I grew up in a sewing family that did utilitarian projects. It wasn't until I was close to retirement that I had time to explore the wonderful world of fabric now available. I realized rather quickly I did not want to spend my time on traditional quilt patterns, when it was more satisfying to design my own creations using color, texture, shapes and proportion in non-traditional ways. Fyber Cafe is an exciting challenge for me. This highly creative group is an inspiration as they share their knowledge in a variety of materials."

No comments:

Post a Comment